Here’s the mic — It’s your turn.
Step 1: Decide how you want to tell your story: you can film it with video or audio, or submit it in writing. Instructions for each are below.
Step 2: However you choose to start, make sure you provide your FIRST name, your COLLEGE name, and your state and zip code.
Step 3: Get to the point. Tell your story as concisely as you can, so people will take the time to hear it. Stick to the relevant details and please do not share the names of other people. Not sure how to begin? Start here:
- What’s really happening in college that most people don’t know about?
- What do you wish your college president knew about what’s holding you back?
- What are you working on to make #RealCollege a better place to be? Why?
Step 4: If you have any trouble sharing your story, just let us know! You can find us on Twitter at @hope4college and via email at RealCollegeVoicesForChange@gmail.com
How to submit
To share a recorded story:
- Make a video using your camera or tell your story in audio-only using the Voice Memo or Voice Recording app.
- Email it to us.
- On your iPhone do this: Tap on the memo, then the “…” and then the “Share…” icon. Hit “mail.” Put in our email address: RealCollegeVoicesForChange@gmail.com. In the message itself, please give us your name and a way to contact you and send. We will confirm we got it!
- On your Android do this: Tap on the memo, hit Share, then hit Email. Put in our email address: RealCollegeVoicesForChange@gmail.com. In the message itself, please give us your name and a way to contact you and send. We will confirm we got it!
To share a written story:
- Write your story.
- Email it to us at RealCollegeVoicesForChange@gmail.com. In the message itself, please give us your name and a way to contact you and send. We will confirm we got it!
What happens next?
- We hope that sharing your story will help create more resources for students like you. Your story will only be used with that purpose in mind.
- All eligible submissions will be included in an online open-source library that can be accessed by the public for educational and advocacy purposes.
- Most submissions will be integrated into trainings that will inform the decisions of faculty, college administration, and policymakers.
- Some submissions will be selected to be animated to be part of a video blog series on the #RealCollege experience.
- Some students will be invited to join other action-oriented people to share their story in person at a #RealCollege Convening.
- Some students will be invited to share their stories with policymakers in Washington D.C.
A submission will be considered ineligible if it contains any of the following:
- Hate speech or depictions directed at others (but if a student sees or experiences hate speech and chooses to make this part of their submission that is considered eligible)
- Graphic violence
- Explicit sexual content
- Depictions of drug or alcohol that glorify its use or abuse
- Naming people who have not given permission to be used in the story. Other people should be identified by the relationship, such as “my professor” or “my aunt.”
- Inaccurate portrayals, dishonest content or plagiarism