Registration is open for #RealCollege: A National Convening on Food and Housing Insecurity!
#RealCollege 2019 is September 28 and 29 at Houston Community College’s West Houston Institute in Houston, Texas!
Learn more about the conference and:
- Purchase tickets.
- Review the conference agenda and speakers.
- Apply for a registration fee waiver.
- Apply for a travel scholarship.
Without sufficient food and a safe place to sleep, college students across the nation are struggling to learn. #RealCollege is the movement to do something about it. Join students, practitioners, policymakers, researchers and activists at the annual #RealCollege convening to develop strategies and take action to secure students’ basic needs.
Our no-frills event focuses on viable programmatic and policy solutions. Come ready to partner with colleagues in order to:
- Create affordable housing, including for community college students
- Prevent food insecurity with efforts that go beyond the campus food pantry
- Shape state and federal policies to improve food and housing resources available to students
- Address the needs of students returning to college and other older learners
- Support student-parents, former foster youth, re-entry populations, and undocumented students
Featuring interactive workshops, multimedia learning opportunities, and plenty of time to network with colleagues, #RealCollege is the place to be.
Registration for #RealCollege 2019 will be $250 per person.
We cannot permit groups of more than five from a single institution.
Interested in speaking at #RealCollege? Contact the Hope Center for more information.
In an effort to create impact from your learnings at #RealCollege 2019, we recommend bringing a team of five that can partner to develop solutions for your organization. Ideally this team would include a leader (a president or vice president), someone from student services (financial aid or student affairs), someone doing the work for your organization (food pantry manager), a leader with fiduciary ties (a board member), and a student with lived experience.
Thanks to our sponsors:
- Download the Whova app for #RealCollege2019 from your App Store or Google Play
- Watch video of the opening of the 2018 convening
- Discover what an attendee learned at #RealCollege
- See which students attended #RealCollege2018
- Read about how students were treated at #RealCollege2018