#RealCollege: A National Convening on Food and Housing Insecurity
Save the Date: #RealCollege 2019 is September 28 and 29, 2019 in Houston, Texas!
Get ready by snagging your #RealCollege t-shirts now. Registration will open by May 1, 2019.
Without sufficient food and a safe place to sleep, college students across the nation are struggling to learn. #RealCollege is the movement to do something about it. Join students, practitioners, policymakers, researchers and activists at the annual #RealCollege convening to develop strategies and take action to secure students’ basic needs.
Our no-frills event focuses on viable programmatic and policy solutions. Come ready to partner with colleagues in order to:
- Create affordable housing, including for community college students
- Prevent food insecurity with efforts that go beyond the campus food pantry
- Shape state and federal policies to improve food and housing resources available to students
- Address the needs of students returning to college and other older learners
- Support student-parents, former foster youth, re-entry populations, and undocumented students
- Integrate mental health practices with basic needs supports
Featuring interactive workshops, multimedia learning opportunities, and plenty of time to network with colleagues, including while celebrating the launch of the new Hope Center for College, Community, and Justice, #RealCollege is the place to be.
If you are interested in funding this year’s event, please email
Sara Goldrick-Rab at SGR@temple.edu.
#RealCollege 2017 convening summary: Wisconsin HOPE Lab – Real College 2017 Convening Summary
#RealCollege YouTube 2017 video playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlistlist=PLilLISm5BpzOZZTYyZy3WR4hU_l4gqLEu